Monday, November 24, 2008

Mish Mosh Monday

I almost forgot to take pictures of my handwoven waffle weave towels after they were all finished & bundled with a bar of my handmade soap, all ready for sale. I had already sold 3 so these are the other 5. I am anxious to get more done over the next year for the next holiday season's craft fairs. They make wonderful gifts. All handmade & made in Maine.







Here is a current pic of the baby dove. They grow unbelievable fast. It is about 2 weeks old here I think. It is already sitting up on the edge of the nest box & the parents aren't sitting on him/her so much even though it's been REALLY cold here lately. We don't know how to tell male from female doves. We just wait & see if they lay eggs or not. :o)




We got my BIG bunny hutch moved in the new barn this weekend. I was so glad to get that done. I was having to hold a flashlight & try to pour grain & change water & it was just a big pain in the a$$.


I keep thinking about what I would like to do when my job ends next March. I really would like to start my own business but man that's scary when you've always had a steady paycheck & benefits. I just don't know. At least I've got some time to think about it.


We went to LL Bean this weekend so I could get some new shoes. I ended up not buying anything & hubby who was just along for the ride ended up buying shoes. It was kinda funny, I made the special trip to LL Bean with the intention of buying their closed back clogs because they were cheaper than the Dansko & I figured just as good. As I was walking around in them to see how they felt, this woman jumped up from trying on her shoes & wispered in my ear, "Don't buy those, buy the Dansko." I was kinda on the fence about the Bean ones because there was a piece that was hard & kinda hurt my foot. So I decided to spend the extra & get the Dansko ones. Luckily, JL Coombs was down the street so I went home very happy with my new Dansko closed back clogs.


Sadie & Oreo are making sure that Ben eats all of his supper & they won't have to clean up after him. Oreo will stick his head in every now & then & steal a kibble. Sadie will wait (she' been trained well) & wash the bowl when Ben is all done. Sadie's a good dish washer.







No comments: