Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just Like Christmas!

A couple of weeks ago I went back up to northern Maine to attend my uncle's funeral. I stopped to take some pics of Mt. Katahdin. It is always impressive. The best & closer views were before this but I missed them because my sister drives too fast.




I received my fiber back from New Aim Fiber Mill in Waldoboro, Maine. This time I had her spin DK weight. This is Dreamy and Christopher's fiber. It's just like Christmas when you get your fiber back from the mill! I will be getting the dye pots going soon for Dreamy's.




And speaking of "just like Christmas", I spent my lunch break yesterday at Borders & finally got this book I have been wanting to read. Basically, I think it's a study on the differences in the way America & China eat & treat health & wellness.


And while I was there I saw they had the new edition of MaryJanes Farm, so of course I had to get a copy. I was hoping to get the new copy of The Herb Quarterly but is hasn't arrived yet.


And I spent most of my time looking at the knitting books & I came across this gem! Shear Spirit. The author & photographer visited 10 different fiber farms across the country. The stories are deliciously interesting, the photography is spectacular & the whole book is just so inspirational. The first story in the book is about a farm right here in Maine, Meadowcroft Farm who solar dyes her yarn with seawater. I don't simmer my yarns either when I dye them because they felt too easily so I let them set in the dye pot for 24 hours. I started reading it last night & can't wait to read more. I just love it and would definitely recommend it to anyone who has fiber animals or is into fiber arts at all. It's truly one of my favorite books now!


TTFN.










1 comment:

Egghead said...

Kelly I received the package you sent me for Deb's ornament exchange. Thank you so much! I can't believe you made that little sweater. It is adorable! I am loving the Nubble Lighthouse ornament. I love lighthouses and the coast is one of my favorite places to be.....although I have only been to the Oregon coast. I am posting about it today. Thank you so much again.