Sunday, September 21, 2008

An Old Fashioned Barn Raising......

So here is the beginning of the raising of my "barn", after hubby & I leveled the ground which was a LOT of work even though it was pretty level to being with. We got the boards down & level. My brother & two nephews came to help. Here we are working on putting up the hoops.








Two more hoops to go!

And the final hoop is done.
We were all exhausted. We had boiled dinner for supper that I had in the crock pots all day & coconut cream pie. Poor hubby had to go work until 11:00ish! The rest of us went to bed.






My brother & hubby were up and outside at 6:30am the next morning to get the door up before my brother had to leave.

And it's up!

Now, it will be a little slower going to finish it since it will be me & hubby only working on it now. The most part is done so the rest will go quicker than it did thus far since this part took a lot of level & measurement checking. We will need to recruit some help though to put on the main tarp. My brother doesn't live locally so he probably won't be able to help finish it. But, it's almost there! I am so happy & appreciative of every one's help.

Dreamy here is in the hay feeder per usual.

Here is the new look for my soaps. I had to redo my packaging as my supplier for the mulberry paper went out of business & I have not been able to find it anywhere else, not even on line. It was too expensive & very time consuming to wrap anyways, even though it did look really good & I got tons of compliments on the packaging. I like having it easier & more economical, especially now that cost of the ingredients are sky rocketing. Essential oils have gone through the roof! But anyways, here's the new packaging, I hope everyone likes it.

No comments: