Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Welcome Rockin Robin!

Meet my new alpaca Robin! He arrived last night, is almost 2 years old (this September) & dark brown. He has had a tough time his first 24 hours here being accepted into the group. Two of them are fine with him but Christopher beats him up, won't let him eat, Chestnut won't let him eat & Nevis tried to breed him the within the first 15 minutes after he arrived. Luckily, he will eat out of my hand easily so I hand fed him this morning & tonight. I will probably have to fix him a dish at the other end of the barn for now until the others get used too him. I just love his color. Tonight in the drizzly overcast light he looked dark maroon brown. Funny, he has a lot of guard hair on his brisket. Isn't he beautiful!





TTFN.






2 comments:

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

He just needs a red goat to keep him company. I know where you can find one...or two...or three....or even ten of them! I agree the color is stunning.

Kelly said...

Ha! Yes, you some very cute little kids! I've thought about getting goats before but have decided to have just alpacas. MAYBE a few Babydoll sheep someday. ;o)

Kelly