Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Excursions

Aaaawwwww, ain't they cute! Sadie was laying on me Oreo came up & laid on her. I wanted to be in the picture but had to get up to take the picture.





We took a little day trip to Popham Beach here on the coast of Maine. It was about a 2 hour drive from our house. On the way there I stopped in to Halcyon Yarn & bought 7 cones of unmercerized cotton for weaving towels & napkins.



It was very overcast at the beach. We collected seaweed for our compost bin, driftwood & sea sponges.








Hubby posing by one of the cannons at Fort Popham near Popham Beach. We had lunch at a little seaside restaurant that is behind the cannon. They had awesome clam chowder.




On the drive away from the beach, hubby spotted this deer drinking from the river.



This past weekend we went to Rangeley, Maine. It is over a 2 hour drive from our house. We stopped & took this scenic photo along the way. It was so beautiful.






And then we continued on after a day at Rangeley to a July 4th get together with my family. I had a really nice time with my family. My Mom is doing this new needle work that she recently learned. It is called Amish Embroidery (also known as chicken scratch). It is pretty cool how it looks like lace & it is just cotton gingham fabric & cotton embroidery floss. My Mom did the blue one & I wanted to try it so I am doing the green one for her.





Well, that's all for now.
TTFN.



2 comments:

Kenleigh's Fiber Studio said...

That is a precious picture! Your coast looks a lot like our coast :) I love the name of that needle work, it is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly,
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blogs about Rangeley to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Jane