Monday, August 4, 2008

Guinea Nest Saved


Well, the guinea hen did reclaim her nest. She actually moved it back to where it was originally....guess she didn't like the spot I chose.....and there are a few more eggs. Now to keep the Sadie-meister away from it.....now there's a task.


Ah yes, fresh carrots for all the bunnies this evening. I try to give them something fresh every evening during the summer......carrots, dandelion greens, clover. Below is Bunny Fru Fru with the wild doo. He's a Lionhead bunny. The next pic is Hocus (who is shedding his coat). He's my husband's magic bunny. Yes, I said "magic". My husband is a magician, but that is another post.



So I had to choose a year with a ridiculously rainy summer to plant a bunch of lavender. They were starting to rot some about 3 weeks ago but luckily they appear to have recovered from that.




It's sometimes difficult to get good pics of Dreamy because he doesn't stay still long enough, so here's one I just took that I was happy with.



On my way to my hair stylist last night, what I think was a lynx crossed the road up ahead of me. One month ago, one crossed the road in front of my sister as she was going home from my house & it was in the same vicinity. I wish I could have gotten a better look. Several years ago, someone told me he saw one in the big field in back of my house. Now I can tell him I saw one in his neighborhood. Think I'll do some research online.

No comments: