Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sadie's Birthday

I'm 1 year old today!
Dreamy is the only alpaca who lays in the hay feeder. Well, I guess he has the right to since he is the head honcho around here.....translation - I can do whatever I want.....and if someone doesn't like it....I don't really care. That's his whole demeanor. He also is the only one who stands and lays in the duck's pool (which we don't have one this year). That's Christopher Gold standing next to him. Christopher was named after a Caribbean island, Dreamweaver was named after the song "Dreamweaver" by the Moody Blues.
Yep, this is my handy dandy hay feeder. It is some kind of storage bin that I got from my work. They weren't using them so they let me have one. It works great! .....and even better, it was free! You can see the two opposite sides fold down half way so it's perfect for the alpacas to feed out of. The other two opposite ends completely fold down but I don't have any need to open those ends. There were holes already drilled in the bottom to let water out. If it rains hard though and a lot of water gets in, I just tip it up and let it run out. It takes about 3 tries & all my weight but I can do it, no problem. Once I get my overhang built though, I won't need to do that anymore.

Soap fresh out of the molds. Orange-Oatmeal and Lavender. I'm going to make Rosemary-Mint this weekend and probably Maine Woods or Rose-Patchouli and I should make some goat's milk soap too before my milk goes bad.


Nevis (also named after a Caribbean island) earlier this spring.

No comments: