Monday, February 9, 2009

More Sick Animals

A couple of days ago we had to put flea/tick medicine on both cats & both dogs because Casey, my himalayan was having an allergic skin reaction to something & we thought it might be a flea bite since we found one on him. Well, Sadie, our boxer licked the medicine off Oreo's back. The poor, poor thing......she was horribly sick from about 9:00 pm, all through the night. It slowly subsided after several hours. By about 5:00 am it had subsided. She dry heaved all night after all the food & bile were gone from her stomach. The poor baby. I felt so bad for her. We thought we were going to have to take her to the emergency vets but I called & they said the medicine is not toxic. Then the next day her medicine that was on her back was driving her nuts. SHe couldn't sit still for 3 seconds, she kept trying to dig at it and she was so miserable she was whining.





I'm giving Casey human antihistamine to clear up the skin allergy. It seems to be responding. He doesn't like having a dry pill put down his throat twice a day. He's 12 now & has lost weight so he feels like a little whiffet when I pick him up.




I promised the guys at work that I would make one more of my Rhubarb-Strawberry pies before I left the company. I have to admit, damn I make a good pie! They said I should sell them. Hmmm......they're putting ideas in my head.



I finished the wool needle point project. When I took this picture it reminded me that I have to go back & fill in the places that are kinda thin. The white flecks that showed up in the picture are tell tale signs. I punched most of it in not-so-good light so I need to go over it. I am painting a photo frame to put it in.

While I was Valentine shopping today for hubby, I picked up the current issue (and my first issue) of MaryJane's Magazine. I can't wait to get home to look at it!


TTFN!










2 comments:

KT IN THE COUNTY said...

I hope everyone is feeling better!

Kelly said...

Yes, everyone is doing much better but still working on Casey's skin allergy.