Sunday, February 1, 2009

Needle Punch with Fine Wool

This past Sunday was our monthly gathering for Saco Valley Fiber Artists. It was held at Janet's house who is a fabulously talented rug hooker (check out her website, http://www.jconnerhookedrugs.com/). Well, she is working on adding something new to her business. They are needle punch kits of her own original designs. And what's even better is she is dyeing fine wool thread to punch with instead of the shiny embroidery floss. I love this idea because first of all, I love Janet's designs and second, I love the matte hand dyed wool colors much better than the shiny embroidery floss. I am so excited because she sent me home with one of her designs that she drew for me while I was there & she had me pick out some colors to punch it with & all she wanted in return was for me to punch it so she could take a picture of it for her site/kits.




I love to needle punch so when I went home I started on it right away. This is 2 nights of working on it. It is so fun, I can't wait to do more of her designs. I also like to draw my own which I haven't done for needle punch yet but I have for rug hooking.


This was the first kit that I ever bought from Attic Heirlooms. I need to frame it or do something with it.

This was a rug hooking pattern that I downsized which I still need to finish punching.


And that is all I've done so far in needle punch.
TTFN.

2 comments:

Claire MW said...

I've never tried needle punching but looking at your work makes me want to try it! I love the tree one, and the chicken is so cute! I wonder if it is harder than it looks.

Kelly said...

It is REALLY easy & so fun! AND, it's one of those projects that doesn't really take that long. I finished this house one in a week. You might try it sometime, but be aware, like most fiber arts, it's addictive! (but the supplies don't take much space in your home (grin)).