Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hiking the NH White Mountains II

Hubby & I went hiking in the White Mountains again. This time we took Champney Brook Trail off the Kankamagus Hwy. It was another beautiful day here in New England. We took a lunch & ate when we reached the falls.



These trees were growing on top of this big rock so their roots were exposed. It looked like something out of a horror movie where the trees come alive.....ha ha.



This section had a lot of roots exposed.


I should have taken pictures of the climb we had to make to get to Champney Falls & Pitcher Falls. It was quite a ways of steep "stairs".

This was Pitcher Falls which was just soooo awesome! It looked like someone just cut the ledge with a knife & spread it apart. You can just see hubby & Sadie on top of a rock at the bottom.



Sadie somehow got up on the rock all by herself but then couldn't get down so she needed a little help.


This is me & Sadie after the hike at a scenic rest area. Isn't she a good lookin' doggie!


And this is part of the view at the scenic rest stop.



Another beautiful day for hike. We had a great time & I can't wait to go again! I'd go every day if I could! I think when I retire I'll move to the White Mountains.

TTFN!






No comments: