Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weaving More Overshot

The current project on my loom is cotton kitchen hand towels with a band of overshot pattern on each end in pearle cotton. I love how they are coming out. The pearle cotton really makes the overshot pop out with a bit of sheen. These pictures don't do them justice. I will sell these at my Holiday shows this November bundled with a bar of my handmade soap. They make a wonderful gift & they are always a good seller for me.






I'm kinda torn. I have a big old loom that was given to me. The elderly lady that owned it said she wanted it to go to someone who would use it. I would definitely use it if I had space to set it up. I keep holding onto it thinking someday I will have space. Now I'm thinking maybe I will let it go. I don't know. Guess I'll have to think on it some more.

***********************************************************

Calypso came in last weekend & had a seat right on the porch & said "I'm ready for my grooming now!" He's such a cuddle bug.




Well, I'm off now to work on my wool socks that I'm knitting for a gift.

TTFN!



1 comment:

Texan said...

Your Sadie looks very much like our first Boxer "Major" he was my soul mate in fur, there will never be another like him.....he lived to be almost 11 and he was a big boy all 94lbs of him...

We have Kota now, a Brindle Boxer who is 10 yrs old... so for the last many, many years we have had Boxers...they are such great dogs..

What type rabbit is Calypso... I have ducks, chikens and goats now, and have been considering rabbits...