Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas gifts, Bunnies in hayfeeders

Well, now I can show what I was working on before Christmas. I made 5 pair of alpaca/merino socks for Christmas gifts. One pair was for myself. They are nice & toasy warm. I have mine on right now. I like making socks, I think it's fun. I hope everyone that got a pair likes them.




I got my hubby snow shoes from LL Bean for Christmas. I already had a pair so we went snowshoeing last Sunday & of course I forgot to take the camera. We saw lots of tracks. Mostly fox & rabbit. We took Sadie with us, she loved it. We are planning of going again this weekend so I will be sure to take the camera this time.


Sunday afternoon I let the dogs come out into the big pasture. Sadie wanted Ben to play.


Ben thought she was irritating.
So he tried to ignore her.


The alpacas kept an eye on them.



Sometimes I like to put one of the bunnies in the alpaca's hayfeeder. Tonight was Gus' turn.




Here he is arranging pieces of hay the way he thinks they should be. Hay has a special way it is to be arranged you know. You take one piece at a time until you have a little bundle in your mouth......and then you go put it in the other corner. And if someone should move any of it or mess it up in any way, then you hop right over and act all disgusted & put it back the way it was. That's the way you arrange hay (according to Gus).


Casey says TTFN.





1 comment:

Claire MW said...

How darling, to see your bun in the alpaca hay feeder! My dear old Thumper, who lived to the ripe old bunny age of 14, had a similar method of arranging any sort of bedding material just so. Oh, the glare that I would get if I dared to straighten out her blankie! Rabbit homemaking skills are not to be trifled with!