Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stormy Sunday

Today we are getting 8-12" of snow. Lucky for me.....I was just starting to feel out of shape. Now I can go snowblow, shovel & roof rake all evening long & be too tired to get up in the morning. Hubby had to go do a magic show & got stuck trying to get out of the driveway so I had to go help. I think I pulled something trying to push him out. Kitty litter does the trick though, just as long as you aren't stingy with it & put plenty down. You might have to apply it at least twice or more.

So while I pass the time until I can go out & work my butt off, I made some raspberry scones this morning for breakfast. I love scones & I love making them. Yesterday morning I made blueberry ones. I wrap them individually & put them in the freezer. Then in the mornings I take one out & by time I get to work it's all thawed. I recycle & reuse the wrappings also. I'm big on recycling. The blueberries are wild & the raspberries are from my parent's huge raspberry patch. They are both picked by my Mom & Dad up in Northern Maine.

YUM!!


And I did some spinning. This is a blend of my Nevis' seconds & red merino. I thought I would try an odd color combo & see how it came out as Nevis is a tan alpaca. I'm not crazy over the color myself so after I spin it I'm going to overdye it but it is a joy to spin. It looks fine in the pictures, like a soft pink but in person it looks like a dirty pink.




Ben vomited some bile this afternoon so he had to have a bath. It gets on the hair around is mouth & holy cow does he stink! Sadie likes to try & lick the water coming out of the sprayer while I'm bathing him.



Boy if looks could kill.


Poor Sadie has had cabin fever as it has been too cold lately for her to stay out very long. She is good at entertaining herself & playing alone.

I caught some action photos of her. She would run around the other side of the barn & come flying back out again like some imaginary playmate was chasing her. She will get all that energy burned off this evening when she goes out with us to clear snow.



I was determined to get some goat milk soap made this weekend. I used fresh goat's milk this time instead of the canned I have always used in the past. That is why it is lemon yellow in color. No, it's not going to stay that color. This is a small batch of spearmint. I hope to get a batch made next weekend, too. I would have made a bigger batch but didn't have enough goat's milk.



Yesterday I went to see my friend Debbie at her shop in Limerick www.greenwoodherbals.com. She made up a tea blend for me to see if it will help with my migraines. She told me that the Chinese believe that the liver is the cause of migraines. I found this very interesting & am going to research it. I am determined to find the cause of my migraines & put an end to them. If the liver is "out of balance" or overloaded with toxins or something that it can't filter & flush out properly, the result is a migraine. A liver detox may be in order. So anyone who suffers from migraines, I would recommend looking into this. What have you got to loose but your migraines?
Oh, and for anyone wondering, Chistopher is back to himself now, kicking up his heels at grain time. He is so funny.
Well, better go start on the snowblowing so hubby can get back in the driveway. TTFN.








1 comment:

Claire MW said...

I just love the picture of your spinning. I have just learned recently how to drop spindle (still a bit green at that!) and am awaiting a spinning wheel. Such consistency in yours, how lovely. It's inspiring!

Hope you don't put your back out with all that snow!